Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Filling A Slam Book...

Just yesterday, I got a slam book to fill [Next year, Our class would disintegrate.....Some would be going for becoming engineers[97 percent}, some doctors or some people like me who want to take the challenge of entering into the much neglected Writing World].,,..SO coming back to the slam book.; You may find the title awkward, because filling a slam book is a casual thing to do.
For me it is not a casual job. When I write each and every word in the slam book, I think a lot. Will it be convenient to write this? Will people make fun of what I think about myself? IS it correct to reveal the some facts and pen it up? All these thoughts revolve around my mind.

A very weird thing happens. The second column in a slam book is mostly "YOUR NICKNAME". The weird thing that happens with me is I write so many names that existed years ago and now people don't remember those names at all !!! That is the great thing about the slam book. You think so much before you write, that you suddenly remember some moments, some random past memories go through your mind, that eventually carve out the best in your writing.
Too bad, sometimes, we don't apply this Qualitative-Quantitative Analysis in studies. Most of us take studies for granted. Why not think the question paper as a slam book to be filled...????

Most girl{y} slam books have the column "What do you think of Love?". I may sound a little bit satirical, but people who write "Don't know," "Never experienced"..etcetera in the column, are the most internally corrupt people in the matter of love, according to me. You may not agree, but I guess this is what is 60 percent reality. A simple small column of a slam book makes you realise how socially well versed you are.

When the slam book asks you about the mistakes you did in the past, SO many memories flash up and you suddenly realize "Goddamn!! Did I commit so many mistakes?" Some people may get very less memorable mistakes in their mind, well, GOOD FOR THEM. Thus, a simple slam book helps us to recollect the past mistakes we did...and then after writing it, we don't really jump into the next column. Because we are very busy realizing the mistakes.

At last, the slam book asks u to write about the person who owns the slam book. Even though some negative thoughts are there in our mind for the owner, we don't pen it up. Some people do [I do.}. This column makes you realise the hypocrite thoughts you have, you get to know how much of a hypocrite are you..

So, A SIMPLE SLAM BOOK, can make you realise WHAT YOU REALLY ARE........IT IS NOT JUST FILLING UP COLORFUL BOOKS, it is A PERSONALITY ANALYSIS YOU GO THROUGH, though in an undercover style.


I got to know that I have done so many mistakes, I have around 11 nicknames, I think of love as a creepy shit for a teenager but a divine feeling for a FULLY GROWN adult.


SO...fill up a slam book. slowly, YOU MAY GET TO KNOW SO MANY THINGS ABOUT YOURSELF...>And you surely would be in for a surprise...


{  OR instead, just fill it up and get rid of the book...YOu have much more work to do..}



1 comment:

gitu said...

very thoughtful writing .keep it up