Friday, August 19, 2011

DEFECTS and EFFECTS....!!

Having Psychology and Sociology as subjects, things in life also can get influenced. You learn so much about your own characteristics, others' traits, and how can one adapt to some foreign situation. I am not finding it hard to learn the chapters, as far as writing and pouring words in exam sheets is concerned, but applying the rules and norms in life, I am kind of confused, opinionated, EXASPERATED.

Being from a much hyped school like DPS, I know what "teen love" "teen attraction is. Though I studied in a small town, I kind of knew everything in a fairly holistic manner. Atleast I thought I did.
I had never seen it getting picturised and dramatized in real life, thanks to CV, I have gained a new experience. :)






             Today Psychology mam asked a question, "what difference do you find in your previous school and this school?" while teaching "ACCULTURATION IN THE SOCIETY",,,...when she queried, my mind had lots of things, making a biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig list of difference, and involuntarily, unintentionally, I said "People were not stereotyped in my school."

And the look on everybody's face. Somebody said "Seriously!!", somebody( hopefully a religious "acculturated" and "assimilated" CVIan) said " Duh!!!", someone said "totally agree.." What mam said, was the most amazing. " maybe because it is easy to manage such a big group of children."
THE EXACT EXPRESSION>:P~~~!

KIND OF A COVER UP ??:P But in a way she is right, when you really do some kind of groupism, you tend to understand and catch someone's behavioral traits easily.

Now in this school I have been stereotyped as a nerd, by some people, some people as "FUNJABI". FUNJABI. Yes. You really need to know the meaning behind it??

FUN- YES I AM FUN> NO EXPLANATION FOR THAT>
UNJABI- Intelligent people, you dont need to understand the derivation, dont you?
So, Korba is a place in Chhattisgarh, but my friends were either Punjabi, Sindhi or Haryanvi. :P I, being a south indian, am not really so when it comes to my accent in english, my likes and dislikes and my behaviour.

korba
SIMPLE TRAITS and SOme info FOR the locals-
1. Umm, Yes I DONT LOOK SOUTH INDIAN.
2. Yes, YES, Yes, I Can write 700 words Hindi essay.
3. YEs, Hindi is a language.
4. Yes, Tamil is not the only language to be known after English if i am a south indian. Give me a break!
5. Yes, there are states other than "UTTAR PRADESH" and I belong to CHHATTISGARH., not "sat-iss-kar." or "Jandeekar".
6. Yes Chandigarh and Chhattisgarh are different.
7. Yes Raipur is a place.
8. Yes there is a world outside South.


ACCENT- I dont say "YAM YAY YANN:" I say "EMMM AEEE ENNN" :Pp
                  I dont spit and say "propppherly." I usually eat some words and say" proply".:P!!!
                  I dont say "eeddd-ooo-caaaaa-shunnn:" i say- ejucashn,.

           
                  I dont really speak. I just blabber.:P

MY NAME IS NOT "PER ENNA"..."PREGERENA"..its PRERNA. yes, if i am a southie, i dont need to have names like "rajalakshmi brahmakumari."

LIKES- I like KULCHA more than DOSA.
              MAkki ki Roti, not MAAV IDLI.:P
             I like Akshay Kumar. But seriously, Jeeva also is in the same level>:P (  so ya, you cant count that.:")

DISLIKES-  Nothing much. I prefer a less moist climate.
I like feeding myself  first rather than a crow in the morning ( AND YES I HATE CROWS).I tend to really have a smile in the morning, not "sida munji"( crap-faced) in the early morning.
                  I am happy go lucky. I dont make a big deal of everything........
                 
But still somethings make me a true southie, tam-brahm,

1. I love CURD RICE.
2. I love COCONUT CHUTNEY.
3. I love the smell of camphor and "vibudhi."
4.  I can speak CHERI TAMIL.( slang locaaaal tamil>:P)
5.  I say AMMA APPA...not "mUMMA" "DADDY"
6. I say "CANADA" not "KANADDA."
7. I like "mor"( salted curd) rather than "lassi."
8. I love saying " Yes, I am a SOuth Indian.



P.S: I still like Delhi, Korba Chandigarh and Amritsar, though.:P















No comments: