Sunday, November 13, 2011

!!BEHIND THE BOOK LAUNCH- Funny happenings which NEWSPAPERS WONT COVER!

WAS WRITTEN DURING THE WHOLE PROGRAM! :) And these things wont be covered by the newspapers!!



I am here, sitting on the Press Seat, thinking life has made me travel a long way to get a big prize like this. PRESS, it had been a dream till now. Sitting in the first(second, actually, first one was Rathika Haksar the jewellery designer and also many well deserved celebrities!) It feels great to be gazed at, the eyes of people questioning "How did she end up there"


FUNNY HAPPENING NO.1: A man comes, tells the Landmark Coordinator "I am also from media."
Coordinator: Show me an ID to prove it.
MAN: I freelance, we dont have an ID
C: For what do you freelance?
M: Chennai Times
C: That is not even a newspaper.
M: It is not? 

HAHAHAHA.

FUNNY HAPPENING NO.2: A old man comes, tells that there are no seat left so can I sit in the press with my daughter. Coordinator says no. The man throws away all the press chairs, one lands up on my leg and one approaches my face but a lady saves it. His daughter says "Appa, please dont act like this. What you have to do is take this camera, whenever Surya comes, click me and him in the same frame. Ok? This people can beat you up, so dont act foolish.



FUNNY HAPPENING NO. 3: Chetan Bhagat: I met him in gym. When he said he is Surya I was like"WOOO OH MY GOD SURYAA????. *SURYA INTERRUPTS"
Surya: Hey, be frank! You didnt know me then! Somebody advised him when he went back home."
Chetan Bhagat: Ya Ya. My wife.


FUNNY HAPPENING No.4: Chetan says "So you know today is Gopal's birthday? "CROWD SHOUTS "Yes".
One press reporter says "Who is Gopal?"


FUNNY HAPPENING No.5:
A person typing in his blackberry ( who was sitting in front of me at that time, Chetan had not arrived.)
"You know what???? I AM WITH CHETAN."


FUNNY HAPPENING 6: Chetan Bhagat's language-

1. I am looking quite foolish while doing the gym

2. So we gonna discuss the story of the book.

3. How you pataoooed Jyothika?

4. LETS CALL THIS A CELEBRATION PAALTY"

5. So I have many IN LAWS HERE HAAN???

6. *SPEAKS BAAAAAAD TAMIL" and then says Chalo bas ho gaya!

7. I SAID "GURU NANAK DIWAS KI SHUBHKAMNAYE, he says " I DONT KNOW TAMIL" I SAY AGAIN "IT WAS HINDI SIR AND THEN WISH HIM AGAIN..HE SAYS "OOOO DHANYAWAD"
8. How many of you have already read the book? "500 hands up" "OH MY GOD. "We cant call it a launch then." Umm. ..you don't say?? :P
9 CROWD CHEERS MORE WHEN SURYA ENTERS :P. 

CLASSIC MOMENT: 
The coordinator asked very curtly ( if I were questioned like that, I would have cried.) at 2 people who were sitting in the Press seats. "Which newspaper are you from? "
"*shall not expose the name in the blog, but its a famous portal in India, say the MOST FAMOUS(?"
THE COORDINATOR SAYS MEEKLY-
"OH OKAY."

THE ANTI CLIMAX:
 A man says "Wow! Today we will seeSurya live!!! That too so close! By the way (asks very inquisitively)- " Adhu yaar daa, thale le mudi illay...setaan bakat aa? ( WHo is that ? No hair on the heaD? Setan Bakat?WHO IS CHETAN BHAGAT"?


AND A FUNNY PIC OF A PERSON HANDLING THE CROWD:



3 comments:

Archana Chari said...

This is freaking hilarious! Loved reading it :)

Prerna Subramanian said...

Thanks a lot Archana!

R Gopu said...

I wish newspapers would report like this.

Gopu