Sunday, December 23, 2012

Achcha Rape Kar rahe ho? Bhaiyya, thela side me lelo. ( Oh you are raping? Uncle, move your handcart sidewards)

Dedicated to the Apathy of my countrymen who are rallying on the road, eating frankies, and still, a 7 year old girl is getting raped in Jashpur, while we halt in the nearby Pizza Hut, take rest, eat a Jalapeno Pasta, and come out, fresh, to "protest" again. And dedicated to the apathetic, callous me, who is sitting here, in an air conditioned room in Mylapore, Chennai, sipping hot coffee, writing a blogpost on this matter because I have nothing to do today, and writing it today because from tomorrow, I have to study for my Board exams.
Every one will move on one day right?
Nobody will keep protesting.
And we are protesting because we came to know about it.
What about those cases which go unnoticed, which are not reported?
________________________________________________________________________________

I asked some of my acquaintances to share their views on what kind of punishment should be given to the rapists.
3 replied.

Why? My mother rationalized it for me- Those who remain quiet, maybe they have so much anger that they cant voice it.
Those who shout at the top of their voice, are shouting to overshadow their own motives and desires.

But then, out of those 17 whom I messaged, two of them asked me "Who is this?" ( my mistake. I had messaged them from a new number.)

 After that when they came to know its me, the conversation went on like this-

1. Hi! You? Wassup?
2. Hi. I am fine!
3. Random question- answer.
4. Bye

One of them told me "So sup? I am going to the mall and getting a pizza for me."

Believe you me, the message HAD DELIVERED.

People were just too busy.

No promise of reply to this matter.
No reply at all.

Well, I never really expect people to share in their thoughts on such matters, because most of them are 17 yr olds like me, and most of them are busy drooling over their crushes.

Some are not. And what they said, I want to put it here. Because I got only 4 replies, and 4-5 "Whats up Chick?", my whole point of the post was lost.

Still, I respect those who replied, and I would like to present their thoughts here. I love you guys. ( Appa, Ma, Deepika's Ma, Deepika, and my new-old acquaintance- Srajal.)


And I am not editing it. I like to put things in their natural manner.

From Srajal, Through Mail:-
Castration...hang dem to death... or insert red hot iron rods into their ass... punish dem on a public square...AArrgghh, well i dont think any of these physical tortures is going to even out the mental tortur 
e the girl went thru... oh c'mon everyday girls r raped in our country.. thousands r victims of domestic violence... this unfortunate incident has come into light for reasons i dont need to explain nd i'm glad dat our country is protesting against it... But i fear all this protest may not last too long.. as is often the case in our nation!!!
Huh so wat do we do to make such men experience d same agony?? i guess- make dem watch their own daughters n sisters being raped by men as cheap n shallow as themselves... but then dat again is a NO SOLUTION situation.. again d women suffer!!
Well punishments dont bring out d innate goodness v have within ourselves.... somethin else does dat... but again how can these demons not be punished??
Huh at d end of it all i pity myself for not having a convicing soln. ...maybe i'm immature nd inexperienced to really suggest a soln... but this is all dat came to my mind wen u sent me dat sms asking for my views... so frankly enuf dats wat first came into my mind... i dnt know Right or Wrong.
From Appa, through Skype :P -
How about breaking the balls with one hard kick, breaking the nose with one upper cut and cracking the jaw with one left hand jab, hitting the head against a hard object, without any word, without seeking any explanation and without giving so much of a time to think and leaving the rest for the public when the next time you see a man nudging and elbowing a fellow woman passenger, regarding it as rape and without waiting for things to get any further, rather than signing petitions and waiting for the lousy politicians and the police which obviously cannot be present everywhere to do something about this? Now don't say its taking the law in your own hands, because law comes to the rescue, 'if at all', after the crime is committed!!
From Deepika's mother and Deepika, through SMS :-
he should be put within a 2 by 2 prison on some lonely island, they shouldn't be hung but let to live rather made to live. Food should be thrown on their faces. They shouldn't be allowed anywhere next to human civilization. They should be in this for life.
No castration, no capital punishment.
THAT should be torture enough.
- Mum said this, not me.
According to me, they should be tortured day in and out and murdered in the most brutal way possible. I'm a girl, I can sympathize but not empathize. I have a sister and a mum too, I can only imagine what the family must be going through. I'd rather they die a gruesome death. Something worse than capital punishment. Again, that would be vengeance and not justice, but heyy, we're known to bending rules aren't we? (note - HEAVY sarcasm).
Some how even after the gang rape in the bus some other cases have also been reported, it's sad after 65 years on independence, the female counterpart has to suffer only because she wore "provoking clothes".
This situation definitely demands immediate attention and action.
Although in my opinion, capital punishment should be given to these beasts, the issue can be taken forward such that the world would no longer witness such episodes.

From Amma's FB STATUS 
sab apne ghar ke mardon ko sudhar na shuru karo.kal koi bhai,pita,pati,dewar,jija,mama,chacha,tau jab auraton ko nicha dikhake bat kare,hath uthaye,gali de udheri tum bhi maro,gali do unko unki aukad dikhao,izzat karna sikhao.purush namka ye darinda apne ghar me hai,shuruat us se karo.tum badlo toe woh badlenge.kal koi agar tumhe aurat hai aurat ki tara raho,to bajao uske kan ke niche.
( Start from your home. Tell the man of your house to respect the woman. Whoever, be it brother, father, husband, brother in law, sister's husband, mother's brother, father's brother, uncle, whenever they show chauvinism, abuse, beat- beat them then and there. SHow them where they belong. Show them how to respect. The primieval being named man, is at our home. Begin at home. You change, they would change. If tomorrow, somebody says "Youre a Woman, act like one" to you, give them right under their eardrums)

..too much of anti rape updates.ek samne aya to bawal ?aur jo hazar samne nahi aya...uska kya?amal karo updates ko......aur update na karo....khud ko up to date karo kaam ayega
( So many fb updates about how to curb rates. What about those which get unnoticed? Just because one came in the national fora, doesnt mean while we protest, rapes are not taking place in the country. Practice what you preach.)


Well, the whole country is raging and is in fury because of the recent Rape case. And even I am no different from others.

But I have a few questions.

1. WHAT WILL, A BLACK COVER PAGE IN FACEBOOK, DO TO THE GIRL WHO IS GETTING RAPED IN THE FARMS OF ASSAM, WHILE YOU SIT IN AN AC ROOM, AND CHANGE YOUR COVER PICTURE TO BLACK, JUST BECAUSE YOU ARE SHOWING YOUR "PROTEST"?

2.HOW WILL, A STATUS WRITING ABOUT A "RALLY" WITH A DRESS CODE "BLACK" AND ASKING FOR PEOPLE TO JOIN IT THROUGH A FACEBOOK EVENT HELP THAT GIRL, WHOSE ASSETS WERE SLIGHTLY TOUCHED BY A MAN'S HAND IN A BUS?

3. HOW WILL, THIS BLOGPOST, HELP THE GIRL IN JASHPUR, CHHATTISGARH, WHO GOT RAPED, AND THE RAPIST IS, WELL, HER OWN UNCLE?

IT WONT HELP, IS NOT IT?

Why can't we walk freely on the road, without having the fear of being seen with "bad nazar" from a man?

Why is "behenji" a cuss word now a days?

Why is "Teri Maa" a call for a bad word, and not just "Your Mum"?

Why is "Choose" when used in Hinglish, a harbinger of laughter because it means something vulgar in Hindi?

Why is, that a harmless shake of a fist, is sometimes a matter of laughter, because it is also a sign of "wanking"?

Why is "totta" "kanchaaa!" "maal" "taken lightly, even when you don't know what that "harmless person flirting with you" can do something devilish?

Why is that, we have reached a point, where even a joke, has double meaning?

Why is a simple, biological act of mating, a matter of national fury?

Why is not child marriage, equal to rape? Just because parents give their consent and get their girl married to a boy who are 10 yr older than the girl, doesn't mean this calls for legitimacy!

While I was writing this, my mother came and showed me 4 news items from local newspapers which read about how a 3 year old girl was raped in a playschool!

3 year old? She has just BORN!! That day is not far away when we give birth to girls, rape them, and then kill them. Female-rape-infanticide, maybe? Sounds so bad right? Well, what is sounding good in our country now a days? Nothing. Null. Nada.

My friend saw one comment thread in FB, and she shared a screenshot with me. I know who these guys are, and they have been nice people, that is why I am not sharing the shot with the public.

But I would tell the constituents of the comment thread in brief.

1. This guy said "My country's named is getting raped"
2. Some other guy said "You are going to get raped in the exam tomorrow."
3. The other guy replied "Now do not rape me in FB."

Well, the next thing we would do is what Raju Shrivastava, a comedian said about bombs becoming a commonplace thing in future. His joke was, bombing would become so common, that while eating panipooris, when we will see a man planting a bomb, we would tell the panipoori wala to "shift his shop aside" ( Thoda side lelo bhaiiya, banda bomb fod raha hai.") and also ask the bomber- "Konsa bomb hai?" ( Which bomb?) so the bomber would reply- "Atom bomb" and we would say- "Arrey ye to chindi bomber hai." (Amateur bomber!). Same way, rape would take place so commonly, that the day wont be far when this situation will be encountered by all of us.

And death penalty for "rarest of the rare cases?"
How will you define rarity in rape? How much pain, how much thrusting has been done? What exactly will be the magnitude of defining rarity in cases of sexual assault?


There are so many questions. And most of them are rhetorical.




And would remain so.




1 comment:

Sandy said...

Sometimes, some posts just leave your speechless and the best comment is silence and awe.. can't imagine this is written by a gal of just 17!!!