Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Almost Unrecognisable!


Oakway Restaurant. 5:00 pm.

It was 4:45 pm. I sat there, impatiently. Girls.

She came, at 5:10 pm. I walked towards her, her back was towards me. 
 She was startled. She gave me a look which asked, "Is it you?" I blinked my eyes, and gave her a positive nod.
"This restaurant, something's going on here, they are not allowing people. Let us go to the beach, shall we?"
She was astounded, still. "Ye-yes, whatever you say.""
We walked towards the beach, sat on the sand.
She opened a gift I gave her.
"This was the mobile I had wanted my dad to buy me.I never told you."Anyone who knows about you more than you want them to know, can be a scary being to be around with.

I smiled.

She pressed a button. Nothing happened.

"Damn! Is it defective? Give it to me, I will get you a new one."

"You shouldn't have bought it in the first place. I don't need it."


While parting, she said to me-

"I hate that unclean stubble! You are almost unrecognisable!"

"Lazy me. Will get rid of it soon."

_______________________________________________________________________

16 dead in the Oakway Restaurant, where the Anti-Terrorism summit was taking place. A remote operated bomb found.

The mobile? It was defective, isn't it? Threw it in the waters of the beach.It was time I deleted that  account where we had "first met".

My clean shaven look had bowled her over in the past. The unshaven look was to disorient her. This dad of hers, too cautious you know. Hope he had taken care of the downloaded photos.

What he wanted, I had accomplished. "Untraceable, I will take care" he had said.  Well now I have a plane to catch, courtesy her dad.  And as you know, I am very particular about time.


This is written under:

Protest Against Unclean Stubble Activity in association with BlogAdda.

2 comments:

Arvind Passey said...

Intrigue written all over it... but intrigue in a terrible hurry.
Liked the idea of a fast-paced 300-word thriller... will try to write one.

Arvind Passey
www.passey.info

Prerna Subramanian said...

Thanks a lot sir.