Friday, March 27, 2015

Judge me!

I told them not to judge me by my weight
I told them not to judge me by my nerdy glasses
I told them not to judge me by my paunch
I told them not to judge me for the days I used to speak
With a stutter
I told them not to judge me for the way I speak in English
It has that small town tinge; I told them to not judge me for it.
I told them not to judge me by my double chin
I told them not to judge me by my huge shoulders
That’s why I don’t wear sleeveless, I told them not to buy sleeveless
And make me shameful.
I told them I love kaftans
Because that is what will hide my bodily incompleteness
I told them not to judge me for my black upper lip
It is a hormonal problem, do not judge me please.
I told them not to judge me for my way of extraversion
My always initiating the conversation
Don’t judge me for my wild laughter
Small breasts
Small feet
Long hands.
But while I told them all this
While I told them all this, I realised
I had judged myself already.
Sorry, to myself,
I have been your biggest critic.
But they say
Laugh at yourself
Before anyone else does.
But am I my own laughing stock?
Judge me, and tell me please.

No comments: